Tuesday, March 17, 2009

SPRING BREAK!



Gotta love Spring Break. Its the hump of the semester. If you made it to this point hold onto your hat because the last little half goes by really fast. Which is cool, but being abroad its kinda sad because who knows when I will be over here for this long ever again.




So the plan for Spring Break 09 was Salzburg Austria and Munich. And I am/was pretty excited I mean I am Germany so why not see the culture.




Coolest part about the idea of going down there was the fact that my Professor was going to be over here and showing us around and stuff.




He got in on Sunday and so he invited the Mount students that are over here to go with him out to dinner. So his form teaching assistant and my current teacher and her husband Juliann, me and himself all went out to dinner like a "HEY DOC WELCOME TO Lüneburg." So that was pretty cool. Then Monday hung out went around town and then rolled we went over to William-Watt-Str. which is where I live. And so Juliann and I cooked dinner for Doc that way he knew we were able to survive and save him a few dollars.




Tuesday we then got on the 6 hours of train to Salzburg Austria. This is the location of focus for


'The Sound of Music'. Which is also where my Dad would love to one day visit. but I got to come here first. So we just made our way to the Hotel then got to walk around the city in the dark for a few. Wednesday we went out and started to do some touring.




Through all the week Austria wise, we toured: The Salzburg Zoo, Stiegl-Brauwelt(AKA brewery), Mozarts Birthplace and Residence, Hohensalzburg Fortress, and Museum, Hellbrunn Palace and trick fountains (which weren't on because to cold), Many Cathedrals, Catacombs, and many more.




One of the things I found pretty cool was the Cable car.


This is one of the sights from on top of the ALPS! It was an amazing view. And very windy. I didn't get a chance to go skiing because the weather just wasn't that great until the last day. So while I was up on top of the Alps I took a walk which at times I felt like I was skiing with hearing nothing but the wind and like higher than everything and nothing but white and hills. Gotta LOVE IT! It was like 1.2 miles high. The ski route to get down if I would have been able to was over 4.3 miles long!


Overall the Austria part was really cool really an amazing place to visit if your not into the whole beach thing because it might be a little colder but it was really relaxing and fun.


With this I must give props to Doc though because he was a personal tour guide so I gained a lot of information about the different buildings, Cathedrals, Palaces, and places to be German/ eat. Which was cool. I mean I am just lucky he puts up with me! HAHAHA


After that we made the trip to Munich. In Munich saw some cool sites. A few different churches and a lot of Lederhosen. What is that you might ask? Well its what I pictured in my mind what I thought all Germans wore. Those goofy outfits. Well I think they are sweet so that is on my Christmas list for next year. But it was funny because you got people wearing their Nikes sweats and jeans and then here is a guy looking like a German Paine Stewart with a cap and feather. ( Please note normal these guys were just standing on the side in front of a Pub drinking.) Must be the German thing to do.


O and have no fear I have a New 3 LBS of Peanut Butter thanks to Doc brought me that and I love Peanut Butter even if it did give me salmonella.


So there is a lot of little things that I didn't so much put in there not because I am lazy just because its really hard to think of all of the things. It just comes up in random thoughts and such. But I did put some pictures up on FACEBOOK and I am always open to talk about w/e and/or questions.


Have a happy st. Patty's day......


And in honor of my trip to Austria.......So long farewell Auf Wiedersehen, good night I hate to go and leave this pretty site..........



Me Juliann and Doc Himmelein

1 comment:

  1. So cool that you are getting to see all of this! So jealous.

    ReplyDelete