Friday, February 20, 2009

Grades and such

So here school for Track I is broken up into 4 parts. I do one part at a time and after 4 weeks I take an exam on it and that is my grade for that class. For example I just finished Elementary German I so I am now plus 4 more credits and a B+ as a grade. I wasn't to upset about the grade but I was thinking Germany was to be a GPA booster so strait A's. O well not that big of a deal. A few things that made me wonder though is I got a B+ for homework. On all the homework we don't get a 16/18 or a -2 or something like that we just get a check. So I was thinking well heck that should bump up my grade getting all these checks cause I turn everything done and complete on time. NOPE I was slightly wrong. I guess she keeps a mental note of our papers and gives us a grade. Same thing with Interviews/Dialogs. There is no paperwork for this its just a w/e she wants to write down. I wasn't totally mad just a little upset that there is no reasons for the grades. Then the one statement that if I ever become a teacher hope to never use is "Well no one is perfect so it is hard to get an A". WHAT?!?! I can't get an A for Participation? I mean I talk, don't sleep, and shockingly not day dreaming. O well B+ shouldn't be too bad. I just worry about conversation class cause I CAN NOT pass a test in there for anything. I try so hard but everyone else is a lot more advanced than myself. But I keep taking a beating everytime I go to that class because I feel that I am learning a lot in the class. It just doesn't show grade-wise.

Wednesday: I got invited by some Germans to go check out the Bremen vs. A C Malland international match. It was quite cool to watch a game with Germans. They are a lot more into the game and focused on it then people are at home. Its like us watching the BROWNS, CAVS, or INDIANS!!!!! just for soccer. Coolest part about the party was that I got to TRY and speak some German. They were very helpful correcting my phrases and such.
At this party they were like try this trick. So they handed me a bottle. This bottle had a cap attached to it. And what I was to try and do was flip the bar and swing the cap to the top of the bottle and one point for it to stay on and 2 points for it to go back in the hole like how it came. I first try....got it in the hole.
So because of my sweet talent they were like now close it up and try and slide ur finger over it and have the lid come off. The guy showed me a few times and then was like you try. After a few tries i got it. Then I was like wow this is fun so I did it one last time. And the bottle broke in half. So I don't know if it was a german trick or if I am really that strong. IDK but overall a good time.

It turns out I will not be attending the Russia trip this time around. Just wasn't going to happen. So I started to then search for tickets. Found a few flights and was like nah I will look tomorrow. Prices then went up and then I was like o man not cool. So I kept searching talked with the parents and then got myself a ticket home. The ticket is a round trip ticket for $630 thats final cost. Or i could have bought a one way ticket for over $1,200. So I felt that is was better for some reason to get the round-trip for half the cost. So I will be flying from German at 7:10 AM into paris...paris to atlanta then to CANTON. where i will touch down around 6:49pm. AKA AMERICAN DINNER may 6!

So if anyone knows of anyone that would like to fly TO Hamburg Germany for free? $10? idk w/e I have a ticket for 6/20/09

London NEXT WEEKEND!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment