Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bremen

So yesterday (Saturday)

I went to Bremen to tour the city and tour the Beck's Factory. I got on the bus at 8am and then took a train from there. In total the trip probably took about 2.5 hours. I got to Bremen at about 1030 in the morning and my tour of the factory wasn't until 1230 so I figured I would make some stops at some sights while I waited for my tour. I was a little under the weather with a sore throat so I knew I would be coming back to Bremen again some other time to see the city.

Walked around seeing the saturday markets. These are quite impressive. It was about 20-27 degrees out and these people have their booths set up with a whole bunch of fruits meats and other things. Then near another church was all the flowers. If you were to be looking for a flower this would be the spot to go they had flowers every! And many different kinds. It seems like in Germany you can always find a place to buy flowers because everyone has them.

After walking around I then made my way to the Beck's factory. The tour was pretty cool. It gave a lot of information about the history of their beer and such then we got to tour the factory and see how the beer is made. I got to touch the Hopps and such which was kinda cool because I see it on TV but never actually got to see it. Then they showed us how everything was done in the past and how it is now done today.

Next they took us outside and showed us the different parts of the plant and what was where. I this part of the tour I got my pic with some Beck's in recycled bottles. At the end of the tour they took us back inside and allowed us to taste some Beck's and Haake-Beck's. With this they gave us a pretzel. And that was then the end of a 2.5 hour tour.

But in other news. Got a slight sore throat that I am not liking so much. But I think it might be from being out in the cold and on the Trains, buses, and in class with all these sick people. O well.


I can hear it now....this time next year.....LETS GO BROWNS LETS GO BROWNS!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment