Tuesday, February 10, 2009

What would you do?

Alright so today. One of the classes were going to Der Spieler. It is a big name in German/ European news. It is in Hamburg so I have to take a train to get there and back. One the way there we traveled as a group and on the way back it was a free for all to get home. So Juliann and I are sitting there waiting on the train.

A black man probably 45 years old walked up. His name was Willy. He goes Hello. I was like alright english how are you? He said good. I hate to bother you but I am trying to see my two kids in Koln. And I need 6.90 euro more to get the ticket. I didn't know if you would be able to help. I had some money in my pocket but I was like i have been screwed by this before someone coming up saying I need money for gas blah blah blah.

So juliann goes I am sorry my money is at home and I was like o and my wallet is also at home. If I would have my backpack I would have had a few for ya. Sorry.....Where are you from?

He goes I am from Cleveland, OH. We were like no way I am from Alliance, Mount Union College. He goes thats cool. Is that your train? You better go. I don't want you to miss it.

And we were like thanks God bless you gave him nothing and got on the bus. And we both sat there wondering what we should have done......give the man a total of 10 euro cause thats all we had? or just drop him a prayer?

Its things like this when I don't know if it is a test.......or if it is fake...

Tell me what you think

1 comment:

  1. I am guessing he was for real. If he was just a hustler, he probably wouldn't have been from Ohio. Now if you are in Ohio and a man comes up to you for money, he is proably playing you. Just my guess. Trust your gut.

    G

    ReplyDelete