Sunday, February 15, 2009

Lovin' Germany

I have just finished my 5th week in Germany. I am having a great time. I have been out a lot people to different places and I am gettin more confident with/in my German speaking ability.


On friday we had an 80's party with all the USAC kids. I didn't bring any 80's clothes with me so I just though really hard about how the basketball players had some really short shorts so I took my shorts and made myself look like an idiot but I had fun so its all good.




On Saturday Juliann and I made a trip to Golsar. Quite a nice little town. The downside it was


-4C and thats not very fun for walking outside and taking pics. The town how large hills all around it which built a lot of character to it. The trip by train took 3 hours. It was south so it seemed to be getting less flat. Basically like going from Alliance down to Cabela's in WV. How its not total flat like findlay but then it gets bigger. ANYWAY......




Went to a Donner shop in Golsar that was really nice with table settings and candles on the table so I guess you could say we had a candle light lunch. Yes mom I did buy Juliann(my valentine's) lunch. I wouldn't hear the end of it if I didn't.




So back on the train I saw this guy that looked like he had a Boy Scout uniform on. So I couldn't help but as him hey are you a boy scout. He said yes. And so we talked for 5 mins about differences in how things are ran differently. Then I asked for a pic:





So finally got back to my house around 7 or so. And then Juliann was making Valentine's dinner. I was pretty pumped because A I didn't have to cook and B it was probably going to taste better then anything I have made.


So we had cheese noodles and a large salad with bread. And thats where I came in saying O sorry i didn't have a desert....I then ran over to my house where I pre-made banna splits for us. So i grabbed them out of the freezer and heated up the caramel and it made for a nice dinner.


Overall I had a much better Valentine's day than last year!



Some other news that happened this week we booked tickets for London so we will be there at the end of Feb til march 1. This will be pretty cool cause my friend Michaela lives there cause she is abroad too and he hopefully will hook us up.


Other things we are looking at is booking the Paris trip and home.........



Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day. Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a wondeful Valentine's Day. Good to hear the German is getting easier for you. Have a great time in London. Love it!

    ReplyDelete