Sunday, February 8, 2009

Week 4.....over

So another week quickly in the books. My fun level is slowly getting higher.

I am getting more settled in and like this weekend for example I went out and met more people which is something I totally love doing. This past week my German buddy Jan (thats a guy) he had me come over and so like 5 of us made some dinner. The dinner was quite tasty. Only problem though is I am not really into eggs at all. And so wouldn't you know he makes this tasty meat rice and some other things plate and then puts an egg over top of it. And I was like what? seriously? But I ate it. I still don't like eggs but i would take a little egg with some meat and a drink and quickly the egg was gone.

Then friday I had a final for my Track 1 class. See how my 17 weeks here is broken down by 4 parts. And so each part is considered a class. So right now for example I just took the final exam in part one and so I will have a grade for the one course and now I start the part 2 class on monday. So hopefully I will do better and continue learning in this course.

While I am on the topic of classes I am also in a conversation course and for some reason I don't do well in it. I think it is because I am the least smart one in there. Hear me out. What I mean by that is most of these kids in this class have had 4 years of German and I am only starting my second. So these guys are pretty far ahead. And then some others are on their 6 and 7 years. So I don't feel like a complete idiot i just wish my grade would be better. I feel though overall even though I am not doing well in that class at all I don't want to get out of it because I am learning so much. I am able to actually talk to people. Now every now and again I don't know a word but most of the time people know what I am saying which is totally exciting for me. One of my bigger problems is being able to understand what they are saying. And that too is why this course is good for me because I can then listen and ya i like the class.

So friday night. Got to go out to a party that Kati (Julianns roommate) invited us to. It would be my first German People party. I didn't really know what to expect. So I just went to get my dance on. So we went to this party and the girl stopped us at the door and was like your not dressed for the party you can't come in. I was like what? i didn't know there was a theme. Shes like its summer theme. NOW THEY TELL US! I have my shorts and swim trunks and flip flops but it was like 28 so that might not have been a good idea. But then they were like nah we are just joking. So talked with that girl and moved on and people were pretty cool talked some german and some english. It was pretty.......weird there dancing wise. Like I said something about it at the international dinner. But even at this party i noticed it more. The people basically dance by themselves.

When you picture a nerd in High School dancing.....ya thats them. Even the people that you would be like they would look totally cool in America their dancing would kill you. And so I was trying to dance like them but I didn't want them to feel like I was mocking them. But i couldn't help but laugh and dance. After being at that party a guy named Rasmus was like come on lets go to another party. Ok......So we went to another party. We weren't there nearly as long it was a bigger party but i woke up at 5 am friday morning and couldn't get back to bed and it was then like 330 so i was ready for bed.

Saturday slept in....til 10. Then got up and ready to go to Celle. It was a pretty crappy day. Like friday was the first time I went outside without a winter coat on since being here. The sun was up and it was warm like 35-37 out. And so i got to take my "The North Face" jacket out. I love this jacket. But I got to wear it because it was nice and slightly warm out.
But Celle on Saturday on the other hand was not warm at all. It rained the whole time. I was kinda upset about that. I don't like getting wet when I am site seeing. And then it was cold.

Celle itself was really kinda.......blah'ish? I mean it was nice to see but there wasn't much to see. And like Castle wasn't what I was thinking it was going to be. I am sure in May when everything is Green with flowers it would be cool but not when its cold with rain.

Sunday has just become the Homework day. I put all my work off til sunday because it is a pretty slow day. NOTHING is open. So can't get the shopping done. So i do picture uploading facebook stalking and homework/study and EAT.

I am also starting to understand that summer is on its way and so I am looking into jobs. Gotta make some money when I get home and with a lot of people needing them I figured I should try and start early into a seasonal job. Currently there is a piece of me that is saying 'Adam go to Cedar Point' that part of me makes me smile. But then I am not really sure when I for sure am going to get home. I could get home either May 7-12, June 1, or June 5. So we will just have to see. I would like to work admissions again at Mount but I got this odd feeling there is a lack of want for the best tour guide ever.

Alright I hope YOU had a great weekend cause I did have a great start to this week!

......Kati is having a party Monday......I will be there

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand about the whole dancing thing. It's the same here in France. haha.

    ReplyDelete