Friday, January 30, 2009

Hannover

Hannover was about a 2 hour trip. A little background info on Hannover it took a lot of bombs during WWII. So the town has really been rebuilt since then. So it is very new. Putting it side by side with a city like Hamburg wouldn't be fair. This was very fresh with a lot of shops. And street sales.

The one true picture place would have to be the Rathaus. This is basically city hall. Everything in this place was made of stone. Which made it very beautiful. It had set ups on the inside of waht it looked like before the war and after the war and during and it was quite a change.

But the best part of this trip would have to be the trip home. I have been to a total of maybe 2 or 3 Browns football games in my life. The last game I went to I got to go the Muni-lot for the pre-game fun time. Many people are in there wearing their Browns gear and drinking eating listening to music and just having a good time.
On my way back to Lüneburg(HOME) we got on the train and while standing there we heard some music. Hearing music on here is very uncommon. Most of the time it is very quiet and everyone keeps to themselves. But not for the 10 guys up in the back of the train car I was in. No they were back there jammin' out and drinking. I at first was thinking what is going on? Then I noticed that all of them guys were wearing soccer shirts that had HAMBURG on them. These guys were getting ready for a really cold soccer game in Hamburg tonight.
So basically this was like our Browns fans getting ready for the game. I thought it was quite fun to be right there around a whole bunch of guys that were getting themselves pumped up to be out in the cold to watch a soccer game.

Keeping in mind that it was a soccer game. I don't think I will ever see Americans being that into soccer. But for sure they are like that for football.

But for tomorrow (Saturday) I will be going to Bremen. In Bremen Beck's beer is made there. So I will go there and take that tour and hope to see some sites. I have a feeling though that I will have to make another trip to Bremen to see the whole city. But other than that it should be fun.

Having a great time here. Its cold but they don't have anyone snow which isn't cool. But it is my understanding from looking at weather.com that you guys are in for another ANOTHER big snow. So you guys have fun with that.


......Mary...... are you going to be selling your car?

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Good one about the BMW!

    Have fun traveling around. So jealous. Freezing our butts off here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess being in Germany has enhanced your love of the European car? If it weren't a lease, you would be first on my list! We need to focus on getting Aldee's car situation squared away first. =)
    ~Cousin Aldee's Friend Mary

    ReplyDelete