Friday, January 16, 2009

Week one is in the Books

It is hard for me to believe that one week has already come and gone. My current status is (class) I am now in the Track One level which is perfect for me. I am understanding and learning at a good pace and I am being able to use what I am learning at the store. (Physically) i am feeling alright my belly seems to have an extra bit that I am not liking, but my body isn't used the the amount of bread I take in on a daily basis. Like I think I said before EVERYTHING is bread here. Which I am not going to complain I like bread and I am doing fine with the food. I have a slightly runny nose but I think it is just because of the amount I am outside in the cold. When waiting for the bus which is atleast 4 times a day I stand out in the cold and wait for it. And so I think/ hope that is all it is.

I HAVE FOUND PEANUT BUTTER!!!! That might be the news of the day. I have a soft spot in my belly for a good Peanut butter and jelly sandwich and now I can fill that spot. The downside its not Jif but thats ok because I don't notice it to much.

I am starting to get a hang of this German thing. I go to the store about once a day to pick up food and such. Not a bad way to go. It is a lot different from home though because at home you get a gallon on milk. Here we only get smaller than a quart. They do have glass Coke bottles here which is cool because back at home we don't really have those and I really like a nice cold coke. I sometimes can't remember waht I put in a past post but if I said it I am going to say it again. We have a McDonald's here and a Subway. So if I ever need a little taste of home I can def hit those up.

Tonight I have the International Dinner and tomorrow I am going to Hamburg. Both events of which I should have pics up on facebook.com soon.

mom said something about putting my address up on here? Idk why but ok.

Adam Shonk
Leuphana Universität Lüneburg
USAC Germany
Scharnhorststr. 1 8/9>
D-21335 Lüneburg
GERMANY

My appartment is

Zi 2063
William-Watt-Str. 59
21339 Lüneburg, Germany
GERMANY

Other than that email is always coold shonkam@muc.edu and on here facebook.com whatever.

Have a safe weekend

and from what I have been seeing online....ENJOY THE COLD!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear things are going well. So glad to hear you found peanut butter...yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete