Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Pre-Travel (T-Minus less than 48 hours)

This is my first of hopefully many posts. I am not very good at these things but I will try and keep it updated so that my loved ones at home and friends will have somewhat of an idea what in the world I am doing, while on the other side of the world.

Right now I am just getting last minute things done such as exchanging some dollars to EURO( which is rough). I have about 80% of my things packed right now. Going for 5 months is a fairly long time. So knowing what to pack in a culture I have never been with is somewhat tough. I have extra room but I don't want to fill it and have no room for other things.

My feelings right now is a whole bunch of different emotions. I have the nervous, excited, and anxious feelings going on. Its crazy that I am not going to be able to make the 10minute drive because I forgot my __________ at home.

I don't really know all the things this thing can do so if you have questions or what mean to explain something or just wondering whats going on feel free to hit me up on facebook or email me at shonkam@muc.edu and finally SKYPE will be a cool way to see my face while gone. I am hoping to put pics on facebook unless someone knows a better stop for pics.

Well its time for another 5% of packing

Enjoy the rest of your week!

2 comments:

  1. You can pics up on here. It is super easy.

    Great job on the blog. Add your info to your facebook page or list it so everyone knows to follow you.

    Make sure you pack something for an upset stomach for your flight like pepto bismal tablets. I remember having a horrible stomach ache in NY right before we flew out. I was feeling anxious and excited just like you are. You don't want to be visiting the bathroom on an international flight with an upset stomach.

    Good luck Adam. Have a great trip. Do as much as you can and travel as much as you can afford. You will think you will go back again and again but life gets in the way. ENJOY your time in Europe. It will be very hard and you will notice that you are missing your social network. But hopefully with facebook and skype, you will be only a few clicks away. Don't be too American over there and try to do as much as you can. Lots of love! G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I am so excited for you and so glad you will be keeping in touch through your blog. I think it will be a great way for you to feel connected to home and for us to feel connected with you and everything you are up to over there (well maybe not everything! ;). Have a great flight and looking forward to future postings on your blog. BTW...don't forget to pack some peanut butter. Love, Aldee

    ReplyDelete